Friday, October 27, 2006

Update


We continue to move forward with our Casas. As you know, we are planning to add 10 children to our homes for next year. We have already begun to add them. First, we added Arelis, an 8 yr. old girl. She is a very warm and loving child with a bright smile. Then we added Miguel Angel, a 9 yr. old boy with a worried, hungry look. His need for love is so apparent. Next, we aded Daniela, a 6 yr. old sister of Miguel Angel. Both Daniela and Miguel Angel have obviously not be well treated in the past. Now we have added another brother/sister combination: Julio Cesar (3) and Ana Margot (8yrs.) Apparently their mother is involved in gangs and was severly injured in a knife incident. The court has deemed her unfit. One of the kids' fathers is dead. The other split some time ago and has not been heard from again. I took gifts from the St. Phillip's team to the kids this afternoon. What fun! I got to sort them out for each kid, label them, and give them to the children. Just me, all by myself! What a blast I had and how excited the kids were at both Casas. The teens discreetly looking to see what I was carrying, but playing it cool. The little ones excitedly looking out the window and Miguel hollering at the top of his lungs to open the door, Tio Ron was waiting! The stuffed animals, soccer balls, hair thingies, games, hats, baseballs, and puzzles were a hit. Daniela wanted to know if I came every day as everyone was so excited. Then Victoria and one of the house mothers were trying to explain to Julio Cesar(3 yrs.) that it was okay to let the other children see what he got. They weren't going to take it away from him. I hope I can get pictures of the new kids on Sunday when I am at Cristo Redentor. Many thanks, St. Phillip's! I've put in a picture of a couple of the team members with our volcano, Misti, in the background. Chao, Padre Ron

No comments: